Since the founding of the World Transhumanist Association in 1998, several affiliated international conferences have been held around the world:
- TransVision98, June 5-7: Weesp, The Netherlands, Europe
- TransVision99, June 4-6: Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
- TransVisionMM, July 15-16: London, England, Europe
- TransVision01, June 22-24: Berlin, Germany, Europe
- TransVision03, June 27-29: Yale University, USA, North America
- TransVision04, August 6-8: University of Toronto, Canada, North America
- TransVision05, July 22-24: Caracas, Venezuela, South America
In 2006, the tradition continued:
TransVision06, August 17-19: University of Helsinki, Finland, Europe
This year the theme of the conference was Emerging Technologies of Human Enhancement. We looked at recent and ongoing technological developments and discussed associated ethical and philosophical questions.
TransVision 2006 is over, and was considered wildly successful by most participants. A DVD is being produced which contains videos from all the conference presentations. In the meanwhile, you can find lower-quality videos of the program numbers at this repository. Slides from the presentations can be found here.
TV06 Organizing Committee
Conference Chair: Ari A. Heljakka (CEO, GenMind Ltd)
- Nick Bostrom, Ph.D. Faculty of Philosophy, Oxford University. Director of the Oxford Future of Humanity Institute
- Jose Cordeiro, M.Sc & MBA, Millenium Project.
- Aubrey de Grey, Ph.D. Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge.
- James Hughes, Ph.D. Executive director of the WTA.
- Bruce J. Klein, Chair, Immortality Institute; Press, Novamente LLC
- Giulio Prisco. IEET, FutureTAG Ltd.
The local Finnish Committee included over a dozen members from the Finnish Transhumanist Association.